Floor Coating Products
Water Based Polyurethane
Water based polyurethane coatings beautifully enhance the natural look of your timber floor.
- Non combustible
- Non toxic
- Low odour
- Fast drying - it's touch dry in 4 hours, (needs 12-13 hours between coats, and about 3 days to fully cure). Because it's non-toxic, there is no need to vacate premises.
Solvent Based Polyurethane
Solvent Based Polyurethane coatings have a more durable finish and require minimal maintenance however there are some issues to consider.
- Combustible to flammable
- Require a longer wait time before you can recoat your floors (up to 18 hours)
- Gives off a temporary toxic vapour which lasts about 4 days
- Touch dry in 6 hours (needs 18-24 hours between coats and 7 days curing time).
- Because it's toxic, we highly recommend you vacate premises for at least 2 days after the final coat for the vapours to dissipate.
- Finishes include shiny gloss, or satin. (The colour of the timber will also darken with this type of coating.)